It’s no secret that exercise is good for you. Regular exercise is essential for physical and mental health. Sometimes it can feel like a struggle to muster the motivation to exercise and start seeing results. Whether you’re a commercial gym or looking for some home gym equipment staples, here are five popular workout equipment essentials and how to use them.
In this article:
- What are the Benefits of Gym Equipment?
- 5 Gym Equipment Staples and How to Use Them
What are the Benefits of Gym Equipment?
One of the best ways to incorporate regular exercise is to develop a workout routine to help you hit your fitness goals. There are different types of gym equipment available, from rowing machines and treadmills to dumbbells and weight benches. Using gym equipment offers several benefits, including:
- Aerobic and anaerobic exercise - gym equipment helps you to perform different types of exercise. Both aerobic and anaerobic exercise is crucial in improving overall fitness. Gym equipment can help to build muscle, increase strength, and prevent heart disease in the long run.
- Sustainable weight loss - when you can work out regularly on your own schedule, it can make it easier to lose weight sustainably and maintain a healthy weight.
- Increase strength and muscle mass - resistance training and weightlifting can help to increase your muscle strength and muscle, range of motion, and balance.
- Functional training - functional exercises can help to increase mobility and reduce the risk of future injury. Weights and gym equipment can be useful for functional training sessions.
5 Gym Equipment Staples and How to Use Them
Although you can work out using your own body weight, gym equipment can help you exercise more effectively. Increase cardiovascular health, strength, and manage stress with a regular exercise routine. Here are five must-have gym equipment staples and how to use them.
Using the correct dumbbells is an essential part of increasing muscle mass and strength. Depending on your current ability level, it’s worth having a set of dumbbells that you can use for different exercises. Hex Dumbbells range from 2.5kg to 30kg.
You can use dumbbells to work out your legs, chest, arms, and back. By adding weights to resistant moves, it forces your muscles to work harder. Improve body control, balance, and mobility by incorporating weights into your workout routine.
2. Weight Bench
If you’re lifting weights, a weight bench is an essential piece of gym kit. It slots easily into both a home and commercial gym environment. The Proud Flat Utility Bench is made from heavy-duty powder-coated steel. The bench provides maximum comfort during a workout and will stand the test of time. A weight bench can help to improve your strength training and give your body extra support when lifting weights.
3. Barbell and Weight Plates
Barbells are long, straight metal bars that you can use in resistance and strength training. You can put weight plates on a barbell to increase the weight and reach your goals. Depending on your fitness ability and goals, you can buy weight plates in a range of weights up to 150kg for very heavy weight lifting.
Kettlebells are super versatile and compact pieces of gym equipment. If you don’t have a lot of space and want to be able to do a lot of different exercises, a kettlebell is a great choice. You can perform full-body workouts, improve core strength and balance, and experience some serious calorie-burning. Proud Kettlebells come in 24kg, 28kg, and 32kg.
5. Weight Storage
In both commercial and personal home gyms, you want to create a clean and organised space. Weight storage is essential for keeping equipment in the right place and creating a clutter-free space. Depending on your needs, you have a few options available, like a squat stand and bumper wall storage.
Investing in high-quality gym equipment staples will set the foundation for safe and effective exercise. Incorporating gym equipment into your routine can help you to stay motivated to work out on a regular basis.
Check some of our other blogs:-